What is Micro-Insurance?
Thanks to microcredit support provided within the scope of Turkish Grameen Microfinance Program, financially-challenged women are able to initiate their own business or grow their existing businesses.
Microinsurance is a personal accident insurance that covers accidental deaths, permanent disabilities, natural disasters launched in order to protect the lives of micro-entrepreneurs against unexpected accidents in 2011 by Bereket Insurance through Büyükkaya International Insurance and Reinsurance Brokerage with the initiatives of Professor Aziz Akgül, the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Turkish Foundation for Waste Reduction. Micro-insurance guarantees micro-entrepreneurs up to TRY 10.000 by paying only TRY 8 per year.
What does microinsurance cover?
- Normal accidents (unexpected accidents such as vehicle crashes, falls)
- Accidents and deaths caused by earthquakes
- Accidents and deaths caused by natural disasters
- Gas poisoning (Chimney, bottled gas leakage, boiler, police gas, etc.)
- Exposure to burns and burns
- Injury, sprain, rupture of muscles and nerves due to a sudden movement
- Poisoning as a result of snake, insect bites
- Rabies, death and disability as a result of being bitten
- Funeral expenses are also included.
Life is Full of Surprises
We don’t know what tomorrow will bring us. Let’s avoid unexpected surprises change the course of our lives. With Microinsurance, we get all the risks under our control.
Microinsurance is a life buoy for the Poor
Nuray Pişiren, a micro-entrepreneur of TGMP, passed away due to an unfortunate traffic accident. Thanks to Microinsurance, a guarantee payment of TRY 10,000 was made to her heirs.
Micro-entrepreneurs are able to support their families with businesses they initiated with microcredit support. Since the livelihood of families of many micro-entrepreneurs depend on the micro-entrepreneur herself, microinsurance plays a significant role to insure the lives of micro-entrepreneurs as well as the lives of their families.
Documents Required for Microinsurance;
Microinsurance – Death:
- Accident report
- Certified birth certificate
- Autopsy report
- Certificate of inheritance
- A letter of consent showing the member’s debt to TİSVA.
Microinsurance – Permanent Disability:
- Surgery report
- Detailed epicrisis report
- Physical therapy records and reports
- Daily doctor observation document
- Hospital exit records
- Hospital admission records
- Patient sign
- Accident report
- Disability report showing the degree of disability
- X-ray, ultrasound, tomography, etc. movie reports
- Medical observation and examination records.